- This event has passed.
CANCELLED – CCRC/WFRC – Health and Safety PART 1 and PART 2
March 11, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on March 12, 2019 at 9:00 am
This class is designed to cover some of the new required health and safety topics. The topics covered are Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases; Administration of Medication; Prevention of and Response to Emergencies Due to Food and Allergic reactions; Prevention of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Use of Safe Sleep Practices; and Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome and Abusive Head Trauma. The following is a list of training objectives:
- Participants will be able to identify 4 ways infectious diseases spread
- Recognize at least 4 classroom routines that will promote wellness
- Given a scenario, identify appropriate action to prevent spread of germs
- Identify purpose of medication being administered at child care setting and list responsibilities of providers, parents and healthcare professionals
- Determine appropriate policies and procedures associated with medication administration
- List steps to properly administer medication while taking appropriate safety precautions
- Recognize potential issues related to adverse reactions, medication errors and inappropriate parent requests
- List the most common food allergies and foods that children should avoid
- Recognize the symptoms of allergic reactions and appropriate action steps if a reaction occurs
- Define SIDS and SUIDS
- List at least 5 risk factors of SIDS
- List at least 5 ways to reduce the risk for SIDS in childcare settings and the home
- Describe the basic structures and processes of brain development
- Recognize the effects that child physical well-being has on brain development
- Identify ways different levels of stress positively and negatively influence brain development
Presenter: Juanita Smith Training/TA Practitioner
Credit Hours: 8
MUST attend both sessions in order to receive credit.
Registration deadline: 3/8/19 at 12pm
No refunds unless specified by CCRC.
Child Care Resource Center is located at 500 W. Fourth Street, Suite 202, Winston-Salem, NC 27101.
Daytime workshops: CCRC does not have onsite parking for workshop participants. Parking is available at the parking deck at the corner of 4th and Poplar Streets for $9.00 daily, 3hrs -$4.00, 5hrs – $6.00, 1/2hr. $1.00 The machine accepts, debit cards, credit cards and cash.
Evening workshops: Parking is available on the right side of the parking lot directly behind the Lowey Building (500 W. Fourth Street) between Spruce Street and Poplar Street. Enter on the Poplar Street side and park only on the right side of the parking lot. You can park anywhere on the right side after 5pm.
Street Parking: From 9 am to 6 pm you can park on the street for a fee of 50 cents for 2 hours of parking at a parking meter. Parking is free after 6pm.
4th Street entrance: You can enter the building between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm by the front door – turquoise awning – sign in with the security guard and say that you are attending a meeting with Work Family Resource Center
Rear Entrance: Enter at the double doors. Press the call button and tell the guard that you are here for a meeting with Work Family Resource Center.
Doors will be locked for evening workshops 15 minutes after the session start time.