- This event has passed.
SWCD/CCRC – Solving Conflict in School Age Settings – On Demand
January 26, 2021 @ 12:00 am - March 31, 2021 @ 11:30 pm$15.00
School Age children find themselves in precarious situations that often lead to escalated conflict with their peers. Conflicts arise in the classroom, lunchroom, library, school bus, playground, while standing in line, and any place where kids gather. During adolescence into the developing stages of puberty, many children act out their emotions in
the form of teasing, gossip, and physical aggression. The inability to resolve conflict without resorting violence is symptomatic of youth’s inability to handle confrontation. Teaching youth how to solve conflict in a peaceful way can help create a safer and more peaceful school age environment. Participants attending this learning event will learn how to help children define conflict, identify 4 basic psychological needs that motivate behavior and list the key parts to solving a conflict.
.2 CEU/2CHC Self paced On demand
Presenter: Karen Darby
- ELECTRONIC DEVICE WITH INTERNET CONNECTION
- ELECTRONIC DEVICE WITH AUDIO & ABILITY TO WATCH/LISTEN TO A VIDEO
- ABILITY TO ENTER A TYPED RESPONSE
- PDF READER
- ABILITY TO SEND/RECEIVE EMAIL
- EACH PARTICIPANT MUST REGISTER WITH A UNIQUE EMAIL ADDRESS
- EMAIL ADDRESSES CANNOT BE SHARED