- This event has passed.
Davie – IT SIDS New Online format! virtual Health and Safety training!!
November 17, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$10.00
This required training explains all the parts of North Carolina’s SIDS Law. Participants will review information about when and how to use the approved waivers, how to best place a baby in bed to sleep, and other “Best Practice” recommendations. During the workshop, participants will get the needed information to create a Safe Sleep Policy, updated research about SIDS, and local health and safety resources. Participants also will be walked through how to do an unresponsive infant drill and the reason for doing them regularly.
Presenter: Sandy Weaver, Infant Toddler Specialist
- Pre-registration is required. Email Katie Speer.
- Admittance is not allowed after the first 15 minutes of class.
- Certificates will be awarded at the end of class with a completed evaluation.
- Children are not allowed in the training area & must be accompanied by an adult in the lobby at all times.
- Kindness and respect for one another and the presenter are expected.
- Please be courteous and turn off your cell phone during the training. If you must take a phone call, please leave the training area.
GENERAL TRAINING INFORMATION
Smart Start of Davie County will continue to provide free training for teachers who serve children birth to five in Davie County, unless otherwise noted below*. Please note, there is a $10 fee for teachers who serve children outside of Davie County ($40 for CPR +First Aid).
If you must cancel, please remove yourself from the training sign up and contact Katie Speer at 336.751.2113 or email@example.com at least 3 business days prior to the meeting. A $10 no-show fee will be charged to those that sign up for a class but do not attend. This fee must be paid before signing up for any other class through Smart Start of Davie County. Space is limited in each class and no-shows take a training opportunity away from another child care professional.