Professional Development Training
Child Care Resource Center has provided professional development for over 25 years. Our goal is to improve the quality of child care by offering high quality professional development opportunities for child care educators. Child Care Resource Center provides access to trainings throughout our region which includes Alleghany, Ashe, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Stokes, Surry, Wilkes and Yadkin Counties.
- This event has passed.
Davidson- Temperament of Infants and Toddlers: Understanding and Supporting Individual Differences
January 28, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmCost: $5.00
We all have our own way of adapting and responding to the world around us. Are you distractible or persistent, sensitive or easy going? These characteristics describe temperament. During this workshop, we will learn about nine temperament traits and three large categories used to describe most infants and toddlers. Strategies on how to care for children based on their temperament type will be shared. We will also discuss the “goodness of fit” between your own temperament and the infants and toddlers in your care and explore the role of culture as it relates to temperament. By understanding temperament, caregivers can provide the supports needed to help every infant and toddler feel safe and secure in the child care setting.
Presenter: Sandy Weaver, Infant Toddler Specialist
Credit: 2 DCDEE hrs.
CLICK HERE- REGISTER FORM
Pay trainer night of training: Check or money order ONLY to Smart Start of Davidson County.
Instructions: Advance payment is required. Checks or Money orders only; please make payable to SSDC. (NO CASH) If a training states “pay the trainer” you still need to send in the registration form and pay trainer night of class in check or money order. If your money is received after a workshop is full or if a workshop is cancelled you will be informed by phone; the rescheduled date will be given to you or you may choose another workshop. Smart Start of Davidson County is not responsible for registration forms or fees lost in the mail or not delivered on time. Please remember your workshop location and time. Confirmations will not be sent. If you register and do not attend no refund or credit will be given. You will not be able to switch classes. Training’s fill up fast; so please turn in registration as soon as possible. Doors are closed 15 minutes after start time.
Procedures for Taking Payments at the Front Desk
Paying for Future Training’s and Resource Room 12/03/2019
1. We will accept debit cards, checks, and money orders. Please make payable to SSDC.
2. You will be able to use debit cards on the IPAD mini for training costs; must be a minimum of $5.00. You must be present to use your debit card.
3. For extenuating circumstances or emergency situations; we will allow a person to come to a nighttime training and use a check or debit card. If you must pay in cash; you must come back during business hours and pay in correct change. We will hold your certificate until you pay.
4. If other services are rendered such as laminating, book binding and other resource room activities; we will accept debit cards, checks, and money orders. (small amounts of cash: under $5.00)
If you have any questions or concerns; please speak with Sherry or you may contact her 336-249-6688 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 28, 2020
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Child Care Center, Family Child Care, Healthly Social Behavior, Social Emotional Development, Training
- Event Tags:
- Infant/Toddler, Training
- Davidson County
June 10, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
June 16, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
CCRC/WFRC – Creating Outdoor Learning Environments for Infants and Toddlers: It’s Not Called a “Playground” AnymoreJune 18, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm